Safe Management Measures at ActiveSG Sport Centres from 29 August 2022
Following the announcement by Multi-Ministry Taskforce on 24 August 2022, the following measures will take effect at all ActiveSG Sport Centres and Dual-Use Scheme (DUS) sport facilities from 29 August 2022 onwards.
- Mask wearing will be optional in both indoor and outdoor settings.
- Safe distancing is not required between individuals or between groups, regardless of settings i.e. indoor/outdoor, masked/unmasked.
- There is no limit to group sizes, however activities are subjected to the prevailing fire safety and room/venue capacity requirements.
- Vaccination-Differentiated SMMs (VDS) does not apply for indoor sport facilities.
- TraceTogether-only SafeEntry (TT-only SE) will not be implemented at ActiveSG and ActiveSG-managed facilities (including DUS facilities), except for sport events held with more than 500 participants at any one time. In such instances, VDS will continue to be implemented. Participants’ vaccination status will be checked before they enter the event venue.
- VDS Exemptions: Individuals who have recovered from a COVID-19 infection, medically ineligible for COVID-19 vaccination and unvaccinated children aged 12 and below are exempted from VDS and can participate in VDS activities similar to fully vaccinated.
You may refer to Latest Safe Management Measures for Sport and Physical Exercise and Activity for more details.
I am not vaccinated. Can I use the gym / enter the sport hall to play badminton or any other sports?
Yes you can.
You are required to book a slot via the ActiveSG app or myactivesg.com before visiting the gym or DUS sports hall / outdoor fields. The person who booked the court must be present and random checks will be done onsite. It is also mandatory for the member who booked the slot to be present during the time of play and be part of the group of players on court.
What are some ActiveSG’s measures to protect the safety and wellbeing of users?
To safeguard the wellbeing of our guests at all ActiveSG Sport Centres, we will encourage the following:
- Safe distancing is encouraged but will no longer be required between individuals and groups in all masked/unmasked settings.
- Encourage instructors and participant not to talk loudly, sing, or shout while engaging in physical activities to minimise risk of transmission via droplets.
- Continued cleaning and sanitising of our equipment and facilities.