Staying active can be a challenge. Everywhere you look, it’s high intensity stuff. But the truth is you can just start with 60 seconds a day.
So get started on your GetActive journey! Pick from our resources library, or come up with your own. Record your #SW60 video, and tag three friends to get them started as well!
1. Begin challenge in a skipping position with both knees and arms to remain straight throughout the exercise.
2. Repeat skipping motion with straightened knees and arms for 60 seconds.
3. Aim to complete challenge for 60 seconds without stopping.
1. Begin challenge by stretching your arms out, imitating the action of an aeroplane.
2. Jog on the spot and tap your left foot with your hand arm, keeping arms straight throughout.
3. Alternate movement with left hand touching your right foot.
4. On the 30 second mark, change position and use a kick back motion while keeping your arms straight.
1. Begin challenge by swirling the basketball around your head in any direction for 10 seconds.
2. Bring the ball down to your waist and swirl the ball in the same direction for 10 seconds.
3. Bring the ball to your ankle and wrap the ball around your ankles in the same direction for the next 10 seconds.
4. Change the direction of wrapping the ball around the ankles for 10 seconds and move it up to the waist and head subsequently for 10 seconds each.
5. Aim to complete the drill without dropping the ball.
1. Begin challenge in an athletic stance with feet shoulder width apart.
2. Stay low to the ground and maintain stance throughout the drill.
3. Start the pound with right hand and perform a crossover after.
4. Pound the ball with left hand and perform a crossover.
5. Aim to complete as many repetitions without losing the ball.
1. Begin challenge in an athletic stance with feet shoulder width apart
2. Remain low to the ground and maintain stance throughout the drill.
3. Start the pound with your right hand and pound the ball twice.
4. Perform a crossover between your legs from your right hand to the left.
5. Pound the ball twice again and crossover between legs to your right hand.
6. Aim to achieve as many repetitions as possible within 60 seconds.
1. Place 2 markers beside you - 1 metre apart.
2. Begin challenge standing in the middle between the markers in an athletic stance.
3. Shuffle around the markers in the figure of 8 loop.
4. Maintain a low center of gravity and change direction after 30 seconds.
5. Aim to complete as many repetitions as possible within 60 seconds.
1. Begin challenge by sitting on the floor with both knees bent and heels on the ground.
2. Rotate one hip at at time to "walk" forward.
3. Repeat motion and "walk" backwards.
4. You can choose to also hold on to a paddle (or a stick if you dont have one at home!)
1. Begin challenge by lying on the ground, back against the floor. Spread out both arms beside you for balance.
2. Engage abdominal muscles by keeping a "tight" and "stiff" position, minimising the gap between the floor and your back.
3. Lift both legs above the ground, maintaining in a straight position, 90 degrees from the ground.
4. Rotate both legs from side to side, imitating a windscreen wiper motion.
5. Aim to complete as many repetitions as possible without stopping for 60 seconds.
1. Begin by sitting on the ground with both knees slightly bent, heels on the ground.
2. Hold paddle horizontally near your waistline area and start twisting your body from left to right. Engage abdominal musles by keeping it to a "tight" and "stiff" position.
3. As you are twisting, lift your knees off the ground while maintaing your heels on the ground.
4. Alternate between left and right knees.
5. Aim to complete as many repetitions as possible for 60 seconds.
1. Position yourself ready with a football in front of you.
2. Flick the ball up and keep the ball in the air with any parts of your body except your hands.
3. Count the number of times you can juggle, keeping the ball up in the air for 60 seconds.
1. Find a partner to participate with in this challenge.
2. Start by bouncing the ball on the floor and lift the ball up in the air to your partner.
3. Partner to receive the ball, with a maximum of 3 touches and pass it back on.
4. Count the number of passes you can achieve in 60 seconds.
1. Place the football on the ground in front of you.
2. Jog on the spot and tap the ball either with your toes or at the side of your feet.
3. Maintain the ball at the centre and count the number of times you can tap the ball for 60 seconds.
1. Place 2 markers on the ground, front and back - one meter apart.
2. Begin challenge by placing hockey ball on either side of your body.
3. Drag the ball towards the marker in front with ball outside your outer foot, slightly ahead of you.
4. Drag the ball back while back paddling back to the starting point. Repeat for 60 seconds.
1. Start challenge by throwing the tennis ball up.
2. Tap the tennis ball up with one side of the racket face without letting the ball bounce & switch the racket face to tap again.
3. Attempt to keep the ball up in the air with alternate racket face tap.
4. Count the number of repetitions you can achieve in 60 seconds.
1. Start by bouncing the tennis ball once and hit the ball down with one side of the racket face.
2. Change the racket face side for the 2nd hit.
3. Use the frame to hit the ball down for the 3rd hit.
4. Continue the 3 variation of hits while keeping eyes on the ball and feet to remain active.
This challenge imitates an attacker's movement in Water Polo.
1. In a side plank position, on single elbow and feet, bracing body on the side.
2. With free hand, hold ball overhead, perform ball threat action while maintain side plank.
3. Repeat for 60 seconds.
This challenge imitates a goalkeeper's movement in Water Polo.
1. Position in ready position, on bent single leg, body crouched, arms braced.
2. Perform skater jump, jump with other leg and repeat.
3. After 10 skates, place both feet down and load up to execute a vertical jump.
4. Repeat for 60 seconds.
1. Begin challenge by jogging a couple of steps forward.
2. Swing both arms and jump upwards, lifting one arm to imitate a spike motion.
3. Land on both feet with knees bent.
4. Jog backwards to starting position and repeat movement for 60 seconds.
1. Place 2 markers - 3 steps in front of you and 2 meters apart in a V shape position.
2. Hold volleyball with both hands and perform a squat in starting position before moving to the marker on the right.
3. Imitate a forearm pass in volleyball on the right marker.
4. Move back to starting position and repeat for left marker.
1. Begin challenge by throwing the volleyball up in the air, imitating 'setting' motion in volleyball.
2. Allow the volleyball to bounce on the ground before setting the ball again by gently pushing it up to the sky.
3. Count the number of taps you can achieve in 60 seconds.